RIH: DEADLINE EXTENDED: Funding for Comprehensive Community Development Program
DEADLINE EXTENDED: 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 30, 2019
RIHousing is pleased to announce the opening of a competitive funding round for the Comprehensive Community Development Program (CDP). RIHousing seeks proposals from eligible applicants to fund community development programs and projects that support specific housing-related activities. Funding may be used as seed money for new initiatives or for expansion of current initiatives. Programs must demonstrate sustainability following this grant round.
Non-profit and for-profit organizations, public housing authorities, municipalities, faith-based organizations and community housing development organizations are eligible to apply. Applicants may submit more than one proposal.
- Proposed programs and projects must belong to at least one of the following categories:
- Programs/projects that support the viability of housing financed by RIHousing, such as tenant education, youth programming, or asset management strategies that promote stable tenancy;
- Programs/projects that are designed to promote homeownership opportunities, such as a “mortgage ready” program that aims to help potential homebuyers who have been denied mortgages due to credit or debt to income reasons;
- Programs/projects that are designed to promote homeownership opportunities, especially those with outreach strategies to increase racial and ethnic diversity, such as communications efforts targeted to diverse populations, initiatives aimed at promoting access to RIHousing loan products, including down payment assistance, or other programs aimed at bridging the gap in minority homeownership;
- Programs/projects that promote energy efficiency and environmental sustainability, such as resiliency planning, passive, or net zero housing; and
- Programs/projects that stabilize housing for Rhode Islanders, such as post-purchase homeowner education, financial literacy training, job training, tenant education, and education for new homeowners on maintaining homes and properties.
Complete details are found in the Comprehensive Community Development Program and Project Funding RFP (click here).
For questions regarding the program, please contact Stacy Wasserman at email@example.com.
Application Deadline Extended:
3:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Courtesy of RIHousing