RIH: Announces Community Development Program and Project Funding
Application Deadline: 5 p.m. on Friday August 24, 2018RIHousing is pleased to announce the opening of a competitive funding round for the Community Development Program. We anticipate being able to award approximately $200,000 for community development activities. Grants of up to $50,000 will be awarded for the following priority activities:
- Programs/projects that support the viability of housing financed by RIHousing;
- Programs/projects that are designed to promote homeownership opportunities, especially those with outreach strategies to increase racial and ethnic diversity;
- Programs/projects that promote energy efficiency and environmental sustainability;
- Programs/projects that incorporate and promote/provide access to the arts, food/healthy eating options, and/or foster the use of transit for residents; and
- Programs/projects that stabilize housing for Rhode Islanders.
Non-profit and for-profit organizations, public housing authorities, cities and towns, faith-based organizations and community housing development organizations are eligible to apply. Applicants may submit more than one proposal.
- Applicants should submit proposals on organization letterhead. Proposals should clearly outline the program/project proposed for funding, how the program/project aligns with the priority activities set forth above, the expected beneficiaries, and the program/project anticipated outcomes.
- Incomplete proposals will not be evaluated.
- Applicants must complete and submit the Community Development Program Budget and Outcomes-Beneficiary Worksheet with the proposal.
- Applicants must include resumes of all staff proposed to administer the program/project.
- Applicants may submit proposals for more than one program/project.
A committee comprised of RIHousing staff and external partners will review all submissions.
Proposals will be ranked based upon the following criteria:
- Funds to be leveraged to support the program/project.
- Number of beneficiaries to be served by the program/project.
- Capacity of the applicant to implement the program/project demonstrated by prior working experience with RIHousing or through references.
- Experience of staff proposed to administer the program/project demonstrated by education and work history.
- The extent to which the program/project aligns with the priority activities set forth above.
- The extent to which the applicant justifies the need for the program/project and ability to demonstrate outcomes.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 24, 2018. One original and two hard copies must be submitted to RIHousing, 44 Washington Street, Providence, R.I. 02903, Attn. Carol Ventura, Deputy Director. In addition, one electronic copy of the proposal must be submitted to email@example.com.