RI Interfaith Coalition to Reduce Poverty: 2019 Fighting Poverty with Faith Vigil, Jan. 8th
Fighting Poverty with Faith Vigil
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
State House, Providence, RI
(Participating clergy will meet at 2PM at Gloria Dei.*)
All are invited!
Coming from diverse backgrounds and faith communities, we stand united in our belief that all Rhode Islanders deserve the fundamentals: nutritious food; affordable housing; decent wages; quality education; and accessible healthcare.
We have a responsibility to protect and support all Rhode Islanders, whatever our religion, race/ethnicity, immigration status, gender, age or socioeconomic standing. Working together, we can reduce poverty in our state.
Program will include:
- Keynote: Rabbi Sarah Mack (Temple Beth-El)
- Welcoming Words/Opening Prayer: Abdelnasser Hussein (President, Islamic School of RI)
- Greetings from Elected Leaders
- Closing Prayer: Rev. Viola Morris Buchanan (Bethel AME)
- More than 60 clergy from across the state co-leading the reading of names, as we call on our elected officials to govern with care, compassion and wisdom
Please RSVP and share the word on facebook!
*If you are a member of the clergy who wants to participate and you have not yet RSVP'd to Victoria, e-mail her ASAP at email@example.com for details.