JOB POSTING: Fresh Start Coordinator at CAPP
Job Title: Fresh Start Coordinator
Job Purpose. The Fresh Start Coordinator will work directly with program participants to help them set their own individualized goals and connect with the community resources necessary to achieve those goals. The Coordinator recruits, selects and coaches program participants. The Coordinator also assists with the program evaluation.
Reports to: Community Services Manager
Supervision of: None
Job Duties: Include the following
- Attend training to learn the Fresh Start philosophy and protocol, including motivational interviewing techniques.
- Develop materials to promote the program.
- Recruit participants by soliciting referrals and conducting outreach.
- Screen and select participants based on the Fresh Start protocol.
- Conduct one-on-one coaching sessions with participants over a nine-month period, twice per month for the first three months and then once per month for six months.
- Maintain a full caseload of 30 to 40 program participants.
- Complete and submit intake forms, case notes, surveys and other documentation for each participant as required for the evaluation.
- Establish a Resource Center with information to help participants connect with government benefits, programs and other available community services.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Will be responsible for entering data into CAP60.
- This position assumes basic responsibility for faxing, filing and copying various documents and reports.
- Record keeping, creating reports, answering questions from the community on pantry special needs and current agency programming.
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required on the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with diverse populations, treating them with respect, compassion and dignity professionally representing the food pantry
· Prior experience with a food pantry is a plus
· Well organized, forward thinking with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
· Knowledge of computer systems (MS Office, internet, reporting)
· Good interpersonal skills
· Demonstrates ability to work with confidential/sensitive issues
· Previous clerical experience desired
· Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
· A basic understanding of inventory control and receiving techniques
· Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish
· Non-Exempt/Part-time position 20 hours per week M - F
· $21,000 Annual Salary
· No Benefits Available
· Must have and maintain a valid driver's license (mileage will be compensated)
· BCI - Background Criminal Check required
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance
· Bi-lingual Spanish Required
To apply please forward your cover letter, resume and two references (two (2) PROFESSIONAL preferred or one (1) PROFESSIONAL, and one (1) PERSONAL) to:
Human Resources & Facilities Manager
Fax: (401) 632-4170
Mail: 518 Hartford Ave, Providence, RI 02909
Courtesy of CAPP