JOB OPENING: HEZ Program Manager Job Announcement
02907 HEALTH EQUITY ZONE PROGRAM MANAGER Exempt Salaried Full Time
The West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation (WEHDC), acting as the backbone agency for the 02907 Health Equity Zone (HEZ), is seeking a Program Manager to lead the implementation of the initiative. The HEZ is an innovative, place-based approach that brings people together to build healthy, resilient communities across Rhode Island. The initiative is grounded in research that shows up to 80% of health outcomes are determined by factors outside clinical settings, such as access to affordable, healthy foods; stable housing; high quality education; employment opportunities; and safe neighborhoods. The 02907 HEZ works to create and invest in equitable and innovative solutions to help families thrive. In Providence's West End, Elmwood, South Elmwood, Reservior, and South Providence neighborhoods.
Having worked over the past year to address the impacts of COVID-19 in the community, the 02907 HEZ recently began work to strengthen social determinants of health in three priority areas: Stable Housing, Food Systems, and Social and Emotional Resilience. Over the past year, WEHDC has also worked with the RI Department of Health and community partners to provide COVID-19 related services in both the 02905 (South Providence/Washington Park) and 02906 (Mt. Hope/East Side) zip codes.
The 02907 HEZ Program Manager is responsible for working with partner agencies and community members to develop and implement data driven action plans while simultaneously building and managing the 02907 HEZ collaborative structure, which includes the initiative's Community Action Team, subcommittees, resident advisory committee, and other stakeholders.
The HEZ Program Manager will work closely with WEHDC Executive Director, a team of interdisciplinary staff and partners, consultants, and community members to perform the following duties:
Program and Staff Development/ Management
● Create and implement a 3-year work plan for the 02907 HEZ to address initiative priorities.
● Manage HEZ staff including the HEZ Engagement Specialist, Community Health Workers, and interns.
Collaborative and Partner Management
● Develop and implement effective community engagement strategies and ensure that residents are well represented and influential within the HEZ.
● Build off of existing relationships and establish new partnerships that reflect the changing needs residents.
● Using a collective impact model, convene and staff the 02907 HEZ Community Action Team and related subcommittees and help promote shared ownership and accountability for the initiative.
● Serve as a strong, neutral and skilled facilitator to guide staff, partners and stakeholders towards consensus
● Serve as the primary liaison between the 02907 HEZ, RI Department of Health, and systems partners to ensure effective collaboration and program operations.
● Represent the 02907 HEZ at RI Department of Health meetings and events
● Maintain relationships with 02907 stakeholders including neighborhood associations and elected officials
Communications and Resource Development
● Represent the 02907 HEZ and build support in the community
● Develop and implement effective communication strategies to help inform partners, community members, funders, and other key stakeholders of initiative activities.
● Work with the HEZ Evaluator and staff to document progress and impact and prepare reports for partners, residents, funders, and other stakeholders.
● Identify and secure grants and other resources to further support the efforts of the 02907 HEZ and its workgroups
● Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to oversee subawards and prepare monthly invoices to the RI Department of Health
● Work with 02907 HEZ partners, consultants, and stakeholders to secure and align investments to help build and sustain the initiative and its workgroups.
● Advocate alongside residents for changes to systems and resources to improve individual and community health.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● At least 5 years of relevant experience (community health, community development, public policy, program development, etc).
● Ability to build consensus and motivate action among diverse community oriented stakeholders working toward a common goal, ideally utilizing a collective impact framework.
● Demonstrated experience engaging in systems change work.
● Ability to work in a complex collaborative environment, including different sectors and professional environments while engaging with diverse levels of leadership and staff.
● Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications. Can communicate effectively across diverse audiences and is comfortable working in front of large groups.
● Demonstrated project management skills
● Previous experience with grant writing, management, and resource development
● Must be culturally competent and value diversity, equity, and cultural differences.
● Must be comfortable working in HEZ communities and attending community meetings on occasion outside of regular office hours, both remotely and in person.
● Mulitlingual candidates are preferred.
The 02907 HEZ Program Manager is a full time, exempt position that is based out of WEHDC's main office at 224 Dexter Street in Providence.
Please submit a resume and a compelling cover letter via email to email@example.com . Please include “02907 HEZ Program Manager” in the email subject line.
West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of Any Kind. WEHDC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Rhode Island
Courtesy of West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation