JOB OPENING: Family Coach at Dunamis Synergy
- Assess current needs and use of resources among expectant and parenting teens and students.
- Provide counseling to expectant and parenting teens on matters related to gaining access to postsecondary.
- Support expectant and parenting teens transition into postsecondary
- Provide referrals and empower students to leverage existing resources at the institutions of higher education and within the community
- Assess, understand, and document situational, dispositional and situational barriers that prevent students and persistence in postsecondary
- Empower individuals to identify and gain access to resources to meet their and their family's specific needs and goals.
- Develop and maintain client case records, plans and reports; compile data for statistical purposes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in human services, education or related field
- Experience in direct service with adolescents or young adults
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Previous lived experience as a young parent or parenting secondary or post-secondary student is strongly desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High level of interpersonal skills and excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to utilize personal experiences to enhance support to families while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Knowledge of public education system, community resources and higher education preferred.
- Bilingual skills are strongly desired.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in collaboration with multiple staff and partners.
- Ability to logically resolve problem situations and develop alternative solutions when faced with obstacles
- Must possess the ability to multitask and prioritize time and activities.
- Must be organized and effectively manage time and commitments.
Send your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications via email to Maria Carvalho at MCarvalho@westelmwood.org. Please include “Dunamis Synergy Family Coach” in the e-mail subject line.
West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. WEHDC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Rhode Island