JOB OPENING: Communications and Program Coordinator for LPI at RWU
About Roger Williams University:
Roger Williams University, located on the coast of Bristol, RI, is a forward-thinking private university with 45 undergraduate majors and more than a dozen graduate programs spanning the liberal arts and the professions, where students become community-minded citizens through project-based, experiential learning. With small classes, direct access to faculty and boundless opportunities for real-world projects, RWU students develop the ability to think critically while simultaneously building the practical skills that today's employers demand. In addition to its 4,000 undergraduates and 300 graduate students, RWU is home to a thriving University College based in Providence as well as Rhode Island's only law school.
Roger Williams University is committed to creating and supporting an intellectual community devoted to teaching and learning and providing the opportunity for personal and intellectual growth for students, faculty and staff. The University credits much of its growth and success to the hard work and dedication of its employees.
Under the direction of the Director, Latino Policy Institute (LPI), the Communications and Program Coordinator will participate in a variety of activities related to communications and program coordination, including media relations, social media, research and development, writing, and outreach. The incumbent will execute a comprehensive strategy that articulates the our organization's impact and increases the public's understanding on the importance of Latinos in Rhode Island in accordance with LPI's mission, vision, and values.
Communication and Outreach
- Develop and implement a long-term communications plan that is mindful of the different audiences, languages, and communication preferences of policy makers, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the content creation process for the organization's communications and outreach efforts.
- Coordinate the overall style and appearance of all print and electronic materials.
- Execute a comprehensive media engagement strategy (earned and social) that engages stakeholders and strengthens the organization's brand.
- Provide communications support for events.
- Manage the day-to-day social media accounts and website operations.
- Lead the redesign of the website.
- Establish and monitor Google alerts and RSS feeds for articles relevant to Latinos in the RI area, with a focus on policy and research.
- Maintain and update press and content database.
- Assist with the release of publications, press releases, and other outside communication.
- Assist in drafting talking points and speech materials when necessary.
Program Coordination and Community Engagement
- Develop program strategies for activities and research projects that follow the strategic plan and vision.
- Produce written content to be used for grant proposal submission, partnership applications, and evaluation of LPI's work.
- Conduct periodic market analysis and research and development for projects.
- Coordinate event logistics tied to activities and research projects.
- Participate in fundraising events that are developed by the LPI Advisory Board.
- Attend staff meetings of the LPI Advisory Board and stakeholders when needed.
Associates degree in a related field.
Three to five years demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
Be an ambitious self-starter with an interest in Latino public policy.
Excellent writing skills to convey information and ideas to a variety of audiences through multiple outlets.
Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Experience working with diverse populations and be able to create content that is inclusive of a diverse range of audiences.
Demonstrated success in establishing a brand identity on social media including building audiences, creating content, and collaborating with partners and influencers.
Bachelor's degree in a related field.
At the University's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
As an institution committed to strengthening society through engaged teaching and learning as well as building the university that the world needs now, Roger Williams University values inclusion, seeks to reflect the diversity of the region and create access to higher education and career success.
The University seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, and teaching or research, can contribute to our diversity, inclusivity, and equity goals.
Roger Williams University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law.
For information on our Non-discrimination and Title IX policy, visit: rwu.edu/NDT9
Salaries for new hires at Roger Williams University usually fall between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range.
Minimum 25th Midpoint 75th Maximum
$22,534 $24,749 $26,963 $28,056 $31,392
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references. In your cover letter/letter of interest, in addition to listing how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position, please include information about how you would be able to contribute to RWU's diversity, inclusivity, and equity goals.
Courtesy of Roger Williams University