HUD Exchange: FY17 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) Application is Now Available
The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the FY 2017 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) has been posted to the YHDP page on the HUD Exchange.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- YHDP is an initiative designed to address systemic responses to youth homelessness and significantly reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness in 11 participating communities (5 of which will be rural).
- HUD strongly encourages all communities to consider applying. Applications will be submitted through grants.gov (and not through e-snaps).
- Carefully and thoroughly read the YHDP NOFA to clearly understand the program expectations, requirements, rating and ranking factors before applying. The FY 2017 NOFA is similar to the FY 2016 NOFA, but there are important changes; please make sure to thoroughly read the new NOFA to understand the changes.
- This Application is for your community's participation in the initiative only. Project funding applications will only be submitted by communities selected to participate.
- This Application must be submitted by a community's Continuum of Care (CoC) Collaborative Applicant, but must be co-developed with a broad array of community partners, including a youth advisory board*, a state or local child welfare agency*, youth homelessness housing and service providers, local schools districts, workforce development organizations, law enforcement, judges, corrections, and more.
*formal participation agreement required.
- Links to the NOFA, the AAQ portal, and additional resources can found on the YHDP page.