Enterprise: Community Developments: Senate Appropriations Subcommittees Advance Three Bills, White House Releases Report on Homelessness

  • Earlier today, Senate Appropriations Subcommittees advanced three spending bills for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020. The Senate Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies (THUD) Appropriations Subcommittee approved its Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 appropriations bill, which would appropriate $74.3 billion—including $48.6 billion for HUD. The Subcommittee on Agriculture approved a $151.7 billion appropriations bill, and the Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government advanced its $24.2 billion bill. All three bills will be marked up by the full Senate Committee on Appropriations this Thursday, September 19 at 10:30 a.m. EST. (United States Senate Committee on Appropriations, September 17)

  • The Council of Economic Advisers, an agency within the Executive Office of the President, has released a report called The State of Homelessness in America. According to the report, “over half a million people [are] homeless on a single night in the United States… [and] approximately 65 percent are found in homeless shelters, [while] the other 35 percent - just under 200,000 - are found unsheltered on our streets.” The report analyzes how homelessness varies across states and the reasons for these variations, the effectiveness of federal policies currently working to reduce homelessness and the Trump Administration's efforts to reduce the number of people experiencing homelessness in the United States. (White House, September 16)

To view the full newsletter, visit Enterprise

Courtesy of Enterprise

Back to Top
Contact Us

Email Us
Newsletter Sign Up


One Empire Plaza
Providence, RI 02903

RI Alliance for Healthy Homes

A project of
HousingWorks RI