Data Analyst JOB OPENING at RICH
Position Title: Data Analyst
Supervised By: HMIS Administrator, Executive Director
Position Type: Full Time with benefits; Exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understand and advocate for the importance of data analysis and integrity to end homelessness.
- Coordinate and conduct data analysis and visualizations using the state Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and other data sources.
- Develop and oversee project level data dashboards showing progress on key performance indicators (e.g. length of stay, recidivism, income, etc.)
- Develop and oversee system level data dashboards showing systemwide performance on efforts to end homelessness.
- Draft narratives for data briefs, reports, and white papers.
- Assist the HMIS Administrator in timely reporting to HUD and funders.
- Produce and run other reports as requested by agencies and stakeholders.
- Oversee data sharing and analysis with 3rdparty datasets outside of HMIS (e.g. mainstream systems like healthcare, etc.).
- Help maintain HMIS information on the RI Coalition's website to include all data visualizations, dashboards, and other HMIS documents.
- Design and implement data quality plan for HMIS with HMIS Administrator.
- Run data quality reports and send to users so that data may be fixed. Track resolution of data quality issues and follow-up with users to check status.
- Review and fix HMIS data when appropriate (e.g. deduplication of clients, etc.)
- Assist agencies and end users to directly fix data errors and data quality issues
- Schedule, develop, and execute group user training topics and lessons.
Statewide HMIS Support & Operation
- Answer help desk questions and provide technical assistance, training, and expertise on system usage, value, policies, and procedures.
- Promote compliance and understanding of the RI HMIS Policies and Procedures.
- Work closely with HMIS Administrator to understand needs and scope out potential solutions in HMIS. * Other Duties as Assigned
- 3+ years professional experience working in data analytics and/or database support
- Baccalaureate degree in social work, public policy, data analysis, and/or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, other similar tools) including the ability to develop charts and graphs
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization, preferably using specified software (e.g. tableau, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and appropriate vehicle insurance
- Proficiency and patience in teaching/learning situations
- Effective communicator and facilitator
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive professional relationships
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with diverse populations
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation and outcome measurement
- Demonstrated expertise in HMIS, reporting, regulations, and best practices
- Passion for ending homelessness and housing first principles
- Bilingual speaker (Spanish)
- Love of food, sense of humor, and inquisitive nature!
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)